County Tax Assessor-Collector
Regular Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
401 East Goliad
Crockett, TX 75835
Phone: 936-544-3255, ext. 258
Houston County Tax Office Website
TRUTH IN TAXATION
SEARCH AND PAY LAND RECORDS ON LINE
You may come to our office to register to vote. After all information is verified, a card will be sent to you.
In order to be eligible to vote, you need to be registered 30 days before the election. Any time you move, or change your name, you need to notify our office so that your file will be updated and you will be in the correct precinct.
As long as all of your information stays the same, you will automatically receive a new card from us every two years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I get my driver's license?
(936) 544-5917 - 1125 East Loop 304
- Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, click on the following link and use jurisdiction code 6413:
- Where do I apply for property tax exemptions?
(936) 544-9655 - Homestead, over 65 and ag exemptions are granted at the Houston County Appraisal District. Address corrections and questions regarding appraisal values should also be directed to the Appraisal District.